someone whose job is to make fires stop burning and help people to escape from other dangerous situations.
آتش نشان، مامور آتش نشانی
Firefighters devotedly battled the blaze for several hours before the collapse of Plasco building in Tehran.
آتش نشان ها پیش از فروپاشی ساختمان پلاسکو در تهران ساعتها فداکارانه با زبانه های آتش مبارزه کردند.
fire‧fight‧er (also fire fighter) /ˈfaɪəˌfaɪtə $ ˈfaɪrˌfaɪtər/ noun [countable]
someone whose job is to stop fires burning ⇒ fireman
fire·fight·er [ˈfaɪəfaɪtə(r)] [ˈfaɪərfaɪtər] noun
a person whose job is to put out fires
see also fireman
Derived Word: firefighting
• A wildfire near Sydney killed three firefighters.
• Firefighters battled to save a historic building after arsonists set it alight.
• Firefighters rescued a driver trapped in the wreckage of his car.
• Firefighters tackled a warehouse blaze.
• Firefighters were called to a house in Summertown.
firefighter /ˈfaɪəˌfaɪ.təʳ/ US /ˈfaɪrˌfaɪ.ţɚ/ /-mən/
a person whose job is to stop fires from burning
firefighting /ˈfaɪəˌfaɪ.tɪŋ/ US /ˈfaɪrˌfaɪ.ţɪŋ/
the activity of stopping fires burning
A person who puts out fires.
Syn: fireman , firewoman , smoke eater