هنرمند، هنرور، ماهر درهنرهاى ظريف (به ويژه نقاشى و تنديسگرى و رسم)
- Local artists are currently exhibiting their work at the gallery.
هنرمندان محلی آثارشان را در گالری به نمایش گذاشته اند.
- In Paris she met a group of young artists: poets, film-makers and painters.
او در پاریس با گروهی از هنرمندان جوان ملاقات کرد.: شاعران، فیلم سازان و نقاشان.
art‧ist S3 W2 /ˈɑːtəst, ˈɑːtɪst $ ˈɑːr-/ noun [countable]
[Word Family: noun: art, artist, artistry; adjective: artistic, arty; adverb: artistically]
1. someone who produces art, especially paintings or drawings:
an exhibition of paintings by local artists ⇒ make-up artist at make-up(1)
2. a professional performer, especially a singer, dancer, or actor:
Many of the artists in the show donated their fee to charity.
3. informal someone who is extremely good at something:
He’s an artist in the kitchen.
UK /ˈɑː.tɪst/ US /ˈɑːr.t̬ɪst/
someone who paints, draws, or makes sculptures:Monet is one of my favourite artists.
someone who creates things with great skill and imagination:He described her as one of the greatest film artists of the 20th century.
art·ist [artist artists] [ˈɑːtɪst] [ˈɑːrtɪst] noun
1. a person who creates works of art, especially paintings or drawings
• an exhibition of work by contemporary British artists
• a graphic artist
• a make-up artist
• Police have issued an artist's impression of her attacker.
• In Paris she met a group of young artists: poets, film-makers and painters.
• (figurative) Whoever made this cake is a real artist.
2. (especially BrE ar·tiste [ɑːˈtiːst] ; [ɑːrˈtiːst] ) a professional entertainer such as a singer, a dancer or an actor
• a recording/solo artist
• (especially BrE) Among the artistes appearing on our show tonight we have…
• He was a true artiste: sensitive, dramatic and tragic.
a) A person who creates art .
b) A person who creates art as an occupation.